The Uncommon Life (TUL) is a Kent’s personal development company offering non-fiction material, speaking, coaching, and publishing for students, adults, and businesses. TUL focuses on the following areas: Life-skills/21st Century Skills, Motivation, Leadership, Creativity/Innovation, and Productivity. For periodic updates and insights on these topics visit Kent’s Uncommon Life blog.
The Uncommon Life blog:
In a tone that is delightfully candid, this blog aims to break the trance of convention we often unknowingly accept, but intuitively reject. It’s time to dehypnotize yourself and recalibrate to a new beat: Your own. With an intensive focus on quality (not quantity) you can expect occasional tips, thoughts, and reflections about topics such as success, productivity, education, life, and more.
The Uncommon pledge:
In a world of perpetual information and beloved spam, two things increase in value:
- Insightful, practical, and applicable knowledge
- Personal time
TUL pledges to offer the first and respect the second. And maybe even create more of the latter.
Kent created this blog with the objective of offering thoughtful content to help others lead an exceptional life outside the confines and monotony of the status quo. Thus, if you’re content with taking orders, avoiding risk, working a 9-5, participating in corporate politics, and keeping up with the Jones’, then this blog is simply not for you. However, if part of you believes there is much more to life (I assure you, there is) then we’re likely kindred spirits.
What does it mean to lead an “uncommon life”?
An uncommon life means not selling out to a massified dream or definition. Being uncommon requires doing what the common person is not willing to do: daring to be yourself, pursuing what matters most to you, and challenge common knowledge with a questing disposition. Too many people get “burned” as a result of deluded expectations, complacency, and misguided (often traditional) counsel. The times are changing and so are the possibilities for an extraordinary journey through life.
You will enjoy The Uncommon Life if…
- You desire more freedom to do what you want, where you want, when you want
- You want to eliminate excessive stress
- You wish to expel unnecessary obligations to create more personal time
- You believe that working smart trumps working hard
- You feel conventional education suffers from irrelevance
- Your pursuit of the American Dream has grievously become the American Dread
- You feel that groping blindly at “more things” and a better “job” has lost its thrill
- You are convinced that life need not be a one-size-fits all template
- You agree that testing assumptions is necessary before adopting them
- You feel there is simply more to life than actualizing the status quo
Thank you for reading. We hope to get a chance to work with you. Be sure to look around this site to explore the products and services we offer. Contact us below if you have questions or would like to request more information about a product or service.